[Ffmpeg-devel] On2 Flix Engine uses memcoder in commerical Flix Engine

Jan Knutar jknutar
Fri Apr 28 22:25:23 CEST 2006

On Friday 28 April 2006 23:08, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> That's all correct.  However, the occasional '?' in names is
> alphabetized as 'u'.  Adding to the confusion, Norwegian and Danish
> don't have ? and ?, but instead use ? and ? to represent the same
> sounds.  The ordering is different as well.
>
> What about Finnish?

? and ?, which are individual letters. ? is not part of the alphabet, or used,
but gets sorted like in Swedish in every phonebook I've seen.

However, transliterating ? -> ae and ? -> oe is a very bad idea for
finnish, because ae and oe are legal combinations with different meanings,
for example "h?n" (he/she) -> "haen" (I seek), not to mention the case of long
vowels where it'd just look silly: "Hyv?? P?iv??" (Good day) -> "Hyvaeae
Paeivaeae", just nonsense. "Hyvaa Paivaa" is a much better way to type it
if you can't type ? and ?.