[Ffmpeg-devel] On2 Flix Engine uses memcoder in commerical Flix Engine

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri Apr 28 22:08:03 CEST 2006

Jan Knutar <jknutar at nic.fi> writes:

> On Friday 28 April 2006 22:45, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> >
>> >  What about the supposedly "cool" circle you put over the 'a's in
>> >  your name? :)
>>
>> It's Swedish and turns the 'a' into something that sounds like an 'o' as
>> in 'hot'...
>
> ??? aren't actually umlauts in swedish, so it doesn't "turn" the 'a'
> into anything, as it's a unique letter. I'm told that this makes
> alphabetic sorting differ between Swedish and German, for extra
> confusion :)

That's all correct.  However, the occasional '?' in names is
alphabetized as 'u'.  Adding to the confusion, Norwegian and Danish
don't have ? and ?, but instead use ? and ? to represent the same
sounds.  The ordering is different as well.

What about Finnish?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com