[DVDnav-discuss] Can't open dvds libdvdread no VTS_TMAPT ??

Fabian Keil fk at fabiankeil.de
Tue Aug 28 18:41:28 CEST 2012

Burak Aktas <codwow at cyber-kaktus.de> wrote:

> > There is a newer version of both libdvdread and libdvdnav. The first
> > place to start would be to get vlc and everything else updated. Then
> > try again and see if it still segfaults.
>
> I tried it on a wheezy live system and yes it (dvdbackup) runs. And the backup runs on squeeze ;)
>
> But now I have another problem, backup is 45GiB big and I can't "author" dvd, because a mal .IFO file.
> Do you know a solution?

I'm not sure what you mean by "mal .IFO file", but the backup size
is probably not the result of a bug in libdvdread but caused by
mastering tricks.

A solution could be to deduplicate the files based on their
start addresses on the disc. For details see:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/dvdbackup/+bug/666392

Fabian