[DVDnav-discuss] dvdnav_sector_search()

Marcel J.E. Mol marcel at mesa.nl
Tue Aug 28 12:32:47 CEST 2012

Hi List,

I'm exploring the dvdread/dvdnav libraries to optimise dvd playback on
the OpenPli stb receivers. So first of all maybe openpli could be added
to the list of 'related projects'...

OpenPli uses the dvdnac_sector_search() function to forward/backward skip.
It firsts uses dvdnav_get_position(), does some calcs and
calls dvdnav_sector_search with SEEK_SET.
But dvdnav_sector_search() already does a call to dvdnav_get_posisition().
so I like to use SEEK_CUR instead of SEEK_SET.
However the offset parameter to dvdnav_sector_search is an uint64_t.
This is no problem for forward skips, but backword skip won't work...
Is there a reason for the uint64_t? Otherwise I would suggest changing
it to int64_t so we can pass negatve values for offset.

thanks

-Marcel
--
     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.