[DVDnav-discuss] DVDNav Color SPU Menu Support for MPlayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Jul 29 10:06:19 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 12:10:54AM +0200, Benjamin Zores wrote:
> Le 21 juil. 2010 à 00:02, Dominic Driver
> <dominic.driver at paragon.co.nz> a écrit :
> >I installed kdesvn and downloaded the version of mplayer from the
> >repo I was
> >looking for.
> >
> >Patch applied with success!
> >
> >However, I also had to patch the "configure" script to ensure that
> >avconfig.h was created, since files referencing it couldn't find it.
> >
> >I've now got an issue being unable to find ./libavcodec/eval.h.
> >There's a
> >version in ./libavutil, but changing the #include to that version
> >doesn't
> >solve the compilation problem. Even attempting to build from a clean
> >checkout of this version fails with the same problem.
> >
> >This is a real headache. Can anyone suggest an easier method than
> >trying
> >every version in the repo until my patch is successfully applied
> >AND I'm
> >able to build mplayer?
>
> Yes, take the 15mn necessary minutes to port colorspu patch to dev
> tree. Even with latest spudec changes it shouldn't be that hard.
>
> This way we might also rework it once for all for inclusion.

Well, spu decoding etc. for DVD menus is now in SVN, though not
working 100% reliably.
Adding color support still is something that needs further work.
E.g. completely duplicating all scaling algorithms for each color
format is not even remotely acceptable.
Also keeping the names like vo_draw_alpha_rgb24 while completely
changing the way they work means having to change all vos at once,
most of them not tested and with a good chance that some actually
aren't working anymore afterwards.
While there are exceptions, if a patch is more than a few hundred
lines that usually means it's done wrong.
The color support patch is 4628 lines and thus far beyond good or evil.