[DVDnav-discuss] DVDNav Color SPU Menu Support for MPlayer

Dominic Driver dominic.driver at paragon.co.nz
Wed Jul 21 00:20:46 CEST 2010

Thanks for the suggestion, Ben.

The patch was originally submitted on 5th February this year, but it doesn't
seem to have made it into the trunk yet.

We're getting beyond the realms of my experience, but I can give it a go. I
didn't have much luck with my earlier attempts at applying the patch to the
latest version of mplayer, but I guess a manual approach is the only way
here?

I'll see how I get on.

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Benjamin Zores <ben at geexbox.org> wrote:

> Le 21 juil. 2010 à 00:02, Dominic Driver <dominic.driver at paragon.co.nz> a
> écrit :
>

>  Gents,
>>
>> I installed kdesvn and downloaded the version of mplayer from the repo I
>> was
>> looking for.
>>
>> Patch applied with success!
>>
>> However, I also had to patch the "configure" script to ensure that
>> avconfig.h was created, since files referencing it couldn't find it.
>>
>> I've now got an issue being unable to find ./libavcodec/eval.h. There's a
>> version in ./libavutil, but changing the #include to that version doesn't
>> solve the compilation problem. Even attempting to build from a clean
>> checkout of this version fails with the same problem.
>>
>> This is a real headache. Can anyone suggest an easier method than trying
>> every version in the repo until my patch is successfully applied AND I'm
>> able to build mplayer?
>>

> Yes, take the 15mn necessary minutes to port colorspu patch to dev tree.
> Even with latest spudec changes it shouldn't be that hard.
>
> This way we might also rework it once for all for inclusion.
>
> Ben
>

>> All I want to do is see my DVD menus as nature intended!
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Alexander Roalter <alex at roalter.it>
>> wrote:

>>> original

>>> rather

>>> just

>>> try
>>>
>>> svn -r {2009-01-01} . <other externals>
>>>
>>> with the date in the YYYY-MM-DD form in curly brackets, and <other
>>> externals> being the other external svns (libdvdnav, libav*,
>>> libpostprocess (?) etc.)
>>>
>>> --
>>> cheers,
>>> Alex