[DVDnav-discuss] DVDNav Color SPU Menu Support for MPlayer

Dominic Driver dominic.driver at paragon.co.nz
Mon Jul 19 02:44:02 CEST 2010

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to implement one of the mplayer patches to enable DVDNav menu
support for full color SPU nav buttons.

I created a static menu using this link:
http://www.kaybee.org/~kirk/dvdauthor.html

Which works fine and dandy when playing on my home DVD player, and any other
DVD application except MPlayer.

Currently, I'm simply underlining each menu option as it is highlighted.
Playing back under MPlayer, the underline is a semi-transparent line which
is very hard to see against the near-white background. On my normal DVD
player, the underline is navy blue (as expected). This is the transparent
rectangle that others see on their menus.

I'm launching MPlayer with the dvdnav:// option, and everything works as
expected - except for these menu buttons.

I've done some surfing, and ended up getting pretty frustrated. I've checked
out today's SVN version of MPlayer, built it, and had no joy. I found this
discussion:

http://lists-archives.org/mplayer-dev-eng/29707-new-patch-for-play-dvd-s-with-dvdnav.html

Which includes a massive patch which references:

http://onebit.hu/root/mplayer/dvdnav

The patch is built against an MPlayer SVN checkout from 2nd February this
year. I tried applying the patch to today's SVN checkout, and there's a few
discrepancies, resulting in not being able to compile MPlayer.

In short, I'd really like to use the "dvdnav-color-spu" flag to use full
color menu buttons, but I can't apply this patch, and today's SVN checkout
doesn't seem to include the option.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Dom