[rtmpdump] r405 - in trunk: librtmp/Makefile librtmp/handshake.h librtmp/rtmp.c librtmp/rtmp.h rtmpdump.c rtmpgw.c rtmpsuck.c

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Sat Mar 27 21:39:44 CET 2010

hyc wrote:
> Author: hyc
> Date: Sat Mar 27 06:35:04 2010
> New Revision: 405
>
> Log:
> Option restructuring, allow most options to be passed along
> with the RTMP URL, clean up

This moves the option parsing I wrote for ffmpeg / mplayer into librtmp. This
will make it easier to support option parsing in 3rd party code, they will
just need to link against a current librtmp to automatically get support for
whatever new options come along.

The approach is pretty simple - the options are appended to the main URL,
separated by spaces. I'll probably shift rtmpdump and rtmpgw over to this new
approach too.

So instead of
   rtmpdump --rtmp rtmp://server/app/path --swfurl http://server/path
--pageurl http://server/path

You could use
   rtmpdump -r "rtmp://server/app/path swfurl=http://server/path
pageurl=http://server/path"

Ideally we can unify all of this so that a single syntax works identically for
rtmpdump, rtmpgw, and all the other apps.