[Mplayer-os2] MPLAYER OS/2 PORT

Greg Greg at LDATAWorldHQ.NET
Sat Oct 10 22:58:48 CEST 2009

OK Dave,

I've spent several hours today working on this "problem". The return on
my investment was great frustration!!

Anyway... in answer to a few of your questions:

My OS/2 release is the 4.52 Inconvenience Package with XR_C005 applied.
The BOOT message says: "14_103_W4". I have a few FixPaks applied but,
they have to do with MPTS and TCP/IP. There is also this IDEDASD thing.

I searched "all over the place" trying to find a more recent level of
OS2CDROM.DMD and, finally found it. I was using 10.150 which came from
that IDEDASD thing. My OS2CDROM is now at the 10.157 level which did
change a few things but, it didn't change enough.

I was chasing other incidents and came across an entry addressed by
someone I believe is an associate or colleague of yours, KO Myung-Hun.
His comments were what motivated me to try to update OS2CDROM.DMD but,
his note said that 10.163 is the most recent. I think, however, that
this applies to eCS and not OS/2.

I made changes to my CONFIG.SYS based on yours. I noted that you don't
have any operands or "switches" for DANIATAPI. As I said, if I don't
specify "/A:0 /U:1 /RSJ", the OS/2 Drive Folder shows only my CDROM and
not the "Burner". I have replaced OS2CDROM with JJSCDROM.DMD and I
included the "switches" you had in your CONFIG.SYS. Trouble is, nothing
much changed.

When attempting to play a DVD in what is now the "H" drive, I get:

> Playing dvd://1.
> libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access
> libdvdread: Can't seek to block 256
> libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
> libdvdread: Can't seek to block 256
> libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
> libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
> Can't open VMG info!
> No stream found to handle url dvd://1

Trying to play a DVD that has been "ripped" to disk gets me the exact
same thing.

I don't own that many DVDs but, I tried to play another one. This time I
get:

> libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access
>
> libdvdread: Attempting to retrieve all CSS keys
> libdvdread: This can take a _long_ time, please be patient
>
> libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x0000013e
> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
> libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_0.VOB at 0x00000180
> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
> libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB at 0x00020e43
> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
> libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_1.VOB at 0x001cbb52
> libdvdread: Error cracking CSS key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_1.VOB
> (0x001cbb52)!!
> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
> libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_04_1.VOB at 0x001cbb7b
> libdvdread: Error cracking CSS key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_04_1.VOB
> (0x001cbb7b)!!
> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
> libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_05_1.VOB at 0x001f456e
> libdvdread: Error cracking CSS key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_05_1.VOB
> (0x001f456e)!!
> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
> libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_06_1.VOB at 0x001f4583
> libdvdread: Error cracking CSS key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_06_1.VOB
> (0x001f4583)!!
> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
> libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_07_1.VOB at 0x002157bc
> libdvdread: Error cracking CSS key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_07_1.VOB
> (0x002157bc)!!
> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
> libdvdread: Found 7 VTS's
> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
> The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
> Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
> e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
> Unsupported PixelFormat -1
> [mpeg2video @ 0x34ea04]ac-tex damaged at 34 7
> [mpeg2video @ 0x34ea04]Warning MVs not available

There are other errors but, these seemed most interesting.

I seem to think I'm forgetting something but, I think this is enough for
now.

Again, I thank you for your time and, if this gets to be too much, just
say so.

Regards

Greg Shurtleff