[Mplayer-os2] MPLAYER OS/2 PORT

Dave Yeo daveryeo at telus.net
Sat Oct 10 01:24:05 CEST 2009

On 10/09/09 08:01 am, Greg wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Thank you for your speedy reply!
>
> Here are the error messages:
>
>>  libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access
>>  libdvdread: Could not open Z: with libdvdcss.
>>  libdvdread: Can't open Z: for reading
>>  libdvdread: Device (null) inaccessible, CSS authentication not available.
>>  libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
>>  libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
>>  libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
>>  Can't open VMG info!
>>  No stream found to handle url dvd://1

Well it looks simply like MPlayer can't open Z: for some strange reason,
I guess related to being loaded with RSJ.

> Regarding RSJ... I may be wrong but, OS/2 won't "see" a DVDRW device as an
> ordinary CD. Therefore, I use RSJ. I do remember reading something about getting
> OS/2 to see the DVDRW device by using certain parameters on DANIATAPI but, I
> haven't investigated this too closely.

OS/2 doesn't have any problem seeing my DVDRW. What version of OS/2 are
you using?
Anyways here's my config.sys entries with notes
basedev daniS506.add
basedev=OS2DASD.DMD
BASEDEV=OS2LVM.DMD
REM basedev=DANIDASD.DMD (this was from before I added LVM support.)
device=E:\OS2\BOOT\JJSCDROM.DMD /V /FC+ /FX+ /FM+
(http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/system/drivers/cdrom/jjscdrom_20030328.zip,
might need different parameters or probably none.)
rem DEVICE=E:\OS2|BOOT\OS2CDROM.DMD (from before installing JJSCDROM)
IFS=E:\OS2|BOOT\UDF.IFS
IFS=E:\OS2|BOOT\CDFS.IFS /v /w
device=E:\OS2\MDOS\VCDROM.SYS
BASEDEV=DANIATAPI.FLT
BASEDDEV=OS2ASPI.DMD /ALL (this and following lines so that the DVDRW is
seen as a SCSI device for certain programs like cdrecord.
DEVICE=E:\os2\system\aspi11b6\ASPIROUT.SYS
DEVICE=e:\os2\boot\aspinkk.sys (only one of these is needed, comes with
various programs like DVDAO)

note that UDF is not needed but IIRC some DVD's use it. Most use the
CDFS file system. I can't remember where I found UDF but I can send it
to you if you need it.

> By the way, I do have dvdcss.dll in the directory for MPLAYER thanks to HOBBES.

MPlayer includes its own dvdcss.dll. WarpVision, DVDAO need it.

Dave