[Mplayer-os2] MPlayer / Gnash OS/2 Port: Howto pass the parameter value from "Firefox add on MPC

RainerStroebel at t-online.de RainerStroebel at t-online.de
Thu Aug 9 23:09:38 CEST 2007

Hello Bart,

-----Original Message-----
> Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 20:30:30 +0200
> Subject: Re: [Mplayer-os2] MPlayer / Gnash OS/2 Port: Howto pass the
> parameter value from "Firefox add on MPC" to *.cmd
> From: Bart Bremmers
> To: OS/2 porting

> RainerStroebel at t-online.de wrote:
> > Gnash OS/2 Port:  Howto pass the parameter value from  "Firefox add
> > on MPC  Media PlayerConnectivity  to the  MPalyer.cmd  / gnash.cmd
> First of all,
> what sort of success are you having with the gnash port in Firefox?

My Gnash test suite is documented at

http://www.os2world.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,63/topic,91.30/

The found problems at  the Bug tracker

     http://mantis.smedley.info

For YouTube video the combination of MPC and  external Gnash Player

work better than the flash plugin   7R69.

I do not have sound on YouTube video with the flash plugin,

Gnash do have sound  -

open problem with the YouTube Status Bar ( see Bug tracker ) .

For  Flash video German www.ftd.de the plugin work and gnash dumps.

( see Bug tracker )

> Your example is for gnash, do you suggest we alter the same parameter
> for mplayer too?

Yes,   it does work for 99%

1% exception:

If a list of two URL s are passed via the parameter, the solution with
the Quotes
results in misbehaviour of the execution of MPlayer

kind regards

Rainer