[MPlayer-dvb] dvb-t in Norway/NZ

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Feb 12 18:39:13 CET 2008

Hi!

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2007-October/054452.html

> > It fixes A/V sync for me.
> > @Nico: Should I propose the patch again?
>
> of course, but explaining why you believe it's correct,

I don't believe it's "correct", but the mplayer sync Gurus weren't able to
provide a better solution (and correct-pts doesn't work with mplayers ts
demuxer), it just "works".

> or Michael
> will reject it straight away.
> IMO, the right solution is somewhere else: I believe that the decoder
> isn't setting correct timestamps in the decoded frames for some
> reason that I can't imagine

I don't think the timestamps are wrong (if they were, you couldn't see the
desync in the status line, could you?), but the framerate gets doubled when PAFF
is used, and mplayer doesn't like VFR, AFAICS.

Carl Eugen