[MPlayer-dvb] dvb-t in Norway/NZ

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Sun Feb 10 16:16:19 CET 2008

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote: (in mplayer-dvb)

>> please, report to mplayer-advusers@ giving all the details.
>> Hopefully someone know why interlaced H264 streams desync
>> so much (maybe the decoder doesn't set the pts correctly)
>>

> I posted a patch:
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2007-October/054452.html
>
> The alternative is to use -demuxer lavf -correct-pts (which is the default
> for demuxer lavf).

With todays svn and this patch (applies at -3 lines), the norwegian
dvb-t broadcast plays with sound and video in sync. (see the sample that
i previously uploaded to incoming as
"hakon.alstadheim.priv.no.stream.dump"). Still some issues with
deinterlacing, and some crashes/hangs at startup. Seems that once
playback gets going, it will keep going, though any movement will leave
very visible horizontal stripes from interlacing. I'm REALLY happy to
provide any input you guys would like. :-). If you would like I could
send the output (stdout+stderr) from starting mplayer a few times on the
stream, wit or without accompanying stream dumps. Just tell me what you
want and where you want it. :-)