[MPlayer-dvb] mplayer vsync / frame rate matching

Giles Constant giles at spacepigs.com
Thu Jun 16 17:59:39 CEST 2005

Hi there,

I'm using mplayer (via freevo) to watch TV from a dvb-T stream, and it's fine,
apart from the fact that the frame rate isn't syncronised, so I get sheering
and ghosting on things such as scrolling text, etc. which makes it difficult
to read.

The card is plugged directly into a TV, via TV out, so the frame rates should
match perfectly, if only mplayer could vsync!

I've tried using "-vo gl2", since I've configured my nvidia fx5700 to vsync in
the opengl settings, but this doesn't have an effect.  The "-vsync" option
apparently only works when using SVGA mode.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Giles