[MPlayer-dvb] Displaying output of other programs over DVB to TV with mplayer

jabiruh jabiruh at gmx.de
Sun Jun 12 14:29:38 CEST 2005

Hello,
I try to find a possibility to display the output of a browser (preferably
lynx2 in graphic mode) over a DVB-card on my TV.
Is there any way to do it with mplayer by redirecting stdout or with piping?

Background:
I've got a system with 2 DVB-cards and installed linvdr on it.  Of course it
is connected to a TV (and sometimes to a keyboard). But I can't connect to a
computer monitor because my other computer is a laptop (with SuSE 9.2).
And it just would be great to surf in the Internet with my TV.
(I already wrote a patch for linvdr and this would be the next one which I
think would be very interesting to many users)
Reiner