[Mplayer-dvb] NTSC->PAL "slow" sound

fritz at netcourrier.com fritz at netcourrier.com
Sat Feb 7 21:05:16 CET 2004

   Hi,

I use mplayer and the script from Juri Haberland to play
divx files through my dvb-c card.

This is awesome, but there's one problem I couldn't fix:
my tv being only pal, I have to activate the -speed option
to convert 30 fps divx files to 25 fps.

This results in smooth video but sound with a lower pitch.
(other parameters result in black & white video with correct
sound, as expected; or color video with choppy sound resulting
from frame drops, I think)

I can imagine why, but is there hope (is it possible
technically) to get correct sound while converting from
30 fps to 25 fps in real time ?

Anyway, thanks for such a wonderful program.

Fritz

Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 € TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,16 € TTC/min)