[Mplayer-dvb] dvbin working with vdr controling channel changing?

Juha juhis at trinity.is-a-geek.com
Wed Oct 15 16:43:14 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 11:53, Nico wrote:
> >Well, I don't have the cpu power for that, so this is what I thought.
> >Let vdr handle everything the way it used to do, but plug the tv
> >connector to the tv-out of my videocard (a matrox G400) istead of the
> >onboard tv-out of the dvb card.
>
> Maybe you mean: plug the tv-out of my dvb-card to the tv-in of my matrox card,
> how can you link 2 tv-outs together?
> In that case you should be able to read from matrox tv-in (if it has a v4l interface).
>
> Is this your case?

Well, no. I mean, read the stream from the v4l device (eg. /dev/video )
and output it to...somewhere. 'mplayer -vo xv ...' would output it to
the monitor and 'mplayer -vo dfbmga ...' would output it to matrox
second head, that's connected to television.

I'm starting to think there might be something that I'm missing here.
But I do know that eg. tvtime and xawtv can read the stream that the
mpeg decoder of my dvb-c card produces, but they just can't output it to
my tv.

> >Then read the videostream that the dvb
> >card mpeg decoder produces to the v4l device with mplayer and output it
> >to televison.
>
> >Does that make any sense? I guess that's alot like the analog cards with
> >a mpeg decoder work, right? I also know that at least the tv watching
> >program tvtime (http://tvtime.sf.net) can read the v4l device that
> >premium dvb cards, in addition to the analog cards it supports, produce.
>
> I don't know how it works, and I don't have the time to stury it at the moment.

:) I wasn't referring to that, just an example.

> Nico

Thanks, Juha