[Mplayer-dvb] dvbin working with vdr controling channel changing?

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Wed Oct 15 10:53:03 CEST 2003

>Anyway, I have a Siemens premium dvb-c card with a mpeg decoder and a
>tv-out. VDR works very well for me for watching tv and recording from
>it. But to be able to use the onboard tv-out with it, the content must
>be in mpeg1/2 format (as it is in case of dvb television). Now, if one
>wants to watch a mpeg4 encoded movie, one has to first transcode the
>mpeg4 stream to mpeg2 and the feed it to the tv-out.

>Well, I don't have the cpu power for that, so this is what I thought.
>Let vdr handle everything the way it used to do, but plug the tv
>connector to the tv-out of my videocard (a matrox G400) istead of the
>onboard tv-out of the dvb card.

Maybe you mean: plug the tv-out of my dvb-card to the tv-in of my matrox card,
how can you link 2 tv-outs together?
In that case you should be able to read from matrox tv-in (if it has a v4l interface).

Is this your case?

>Then read the videostream that the dvb
>card mpeg decoder produces to the v4l device with mplayer and output it
>to televison.

>Does that make any sense? I guess that's alot like the analog cards with
>a mpeg decoder work, right? I also know that at least the tv watching
>program tvtime (http://tvtime.sf.net) can read the v4l device that
>premium dvb cards, in addition to the analog cards it supports, produce.

I don't know how it works, and I don't have the time to stury it at the moment.

Nico