[Mplayer-dvb] dvbin working with vdr controling channel changing?

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Tue Oct 14 22:57:42 CEST 2003

David Philippi wrote:

>Am Die, den 14.10.2003 schrieb Nico um 22:32:
>

>>yes, this seems possible, and one of the few nice things of TS is that
>> streams can be
>>broken at will :)
>>

>BTW this weekend I had some problems playing something from DVB. After a
>few minutes MPlayer started to drop frames until the picture froze to
>completely or went to 0.1 fps or some such. I tried it with -autosync 30
>and later with -autosync 60 without too much success, audio out is
>alsa9. I usually don't have any problems when I play Pro7 with -ac hwac3
>but I didn't verify that it happens all the time with normal audio out
>yet.

try to find a pattern, otherwise I can only guess that it's alsa's matter.
If you use my last DVB patch (september) you can also use the cache.
A german guy wrote that enabling  the cache finally rendered playback
good for him; sometimes, but rarely, I need it too.

>Additionally I've encountered cases where the recordings of vdr couldn't
>be played with MPlayer or rather I get the video but no audio. After
>converting the files to simple mpeg2 with a java tool, it plays them
>just fine. Any ideas?

if I remember correctly VDR saves as MPEG-PES, which is demuxed by
demux_mpg, not
demux_ts. If it's a TS stream let me know the filename that you will
have uploaded to mphq, right ? :)

>Bye David

Thanks,
    Nico