[Mplayer-dvb] ANNOUNCE: mplayer.sh version 0.8.0

Juri Haberland juri at koschikode.com
Wed Feb 26 21:49:13 CET 2003

Here we go with a new version of my mplayer.sh script (and yes, I didn't
announce the "James Bond" version 0.0.7).

I multiplied the version number by 10 to get a better versioning scheme.
A minor bugfix will increment the last digit, a new version will
increase the middle one (don't know what to do with the major number yet).

And here are the changes:
- new option "SLOW_CPU": scale all videos to VCD format, which is the
  lowest possible
- use a range instead of a fixed number when detecting the frames/sec
- add the "--force_idx" option to the MPlayer command line so that
  RealVideos are searchable (actually this was expiremental stuff that
  escaped; let's see how many complaints about problems I receive -
  sorry for that)
- added support for VCD and DVD play, but you need to create some files;
  Here is how it goes:
  - create a directory somewhere, e.g. /video/plugins/DVD-VCD
  - now create two files in that directory, e.g. 'touch VCD; touch DVD'
  - add the following line to the mplayersources.conf file:

/video/plugins/DVD-VCD;DVD oder VCD;0

Many thank to Jörg/Jackfritt <jackfritt at boh.de> for the DVD patch

Next stop:
- use dvbscale
- play MPEG files directly without scaling, if they have a decent
  resolution - even when using SLOW_CPU, as MPlayer doesn't have to
  recode (but we lose the OSD then...)

Have fun,
Juri