[Mplayer-dvb] mplayer.sh.007 (Bond, James Bond)

Juri Haberland juri at koschikode.com
Mon Feb 24 00:28:27 CET 2003

Olivier Jacques wrote:
> Hello Juri & all,
> I just tested the new mplayer.sh with my exotic films (30.5 fps, NTSC,
> PAL, ...) on my P3 667 EB and this is all working very nicely (using
> slow_cpu). Thank you Juri and all mplayer developers.

Hi there,

yes, I didn't announce this version, but I'll do so for the next one,
which will have the DVD/VCD play stuff. Almost ready...

> I just have some remarks (optimization, that's all):
> - For mpeg1/mpeg2, the slow_cpu option should not apply as those formats
> are directly handle by the DVB full featured board. So this is no issue,
> even for a P200. Unfortunately, the test of the format of the video is
> after that resolutions have been truncated for slow_cpu mode.

Hmm, it would mean that we cannot support the onscreen display anymore.
Not a big deal, but currently you can use the MPlayer OSD with all
formats/resolutions (not always pretty).
We would have to check for the file type, then check if the resolution
is one of the standard formats and if yes, play directly w/o OSD, if
not, scale as usual w/ OSD.

> - Sometimes, for particular X res, the dvbscale filter could be a huge
> improvement for performances (but I saw it on your TODOs).

Yeah, let's see. More special cases...

> That's all I can think of. Really good job.

Thanks :)

> Juri, can you provide the script to the author of mplayer plugin for VDR
> so that everybody can benefit from it?

I'll see what his opinion is on this. Maybe he could grab the most
recent verions when he builds a new tarball.

Cheers,
Juri