[Mplayer-dvb] Sending output to a stream

Paul Lacatus paul at campina.iiruc.ro
Mon Oct 28 21:07:09 CET 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Arpi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >     Since I can do -vo mpegpes:file can I send the mpeg1 output to a rtp
> probably yes, but not with mplayer... maybe ffmpeg can do that? or
> dvbstream?

	I am reading their docs and the dvbstream is mainly a DVB card
tuner and pid filter then multicast streamer. Does not look to me that
will accept some other kind of mpeg stream.
	Ffmpeg looks like capable do do the transcoding divx->mpeg1/2
 and stream it but is not clear to me how and the stream type.
But can't deal with subtitles that are a must for my family ;-)
	Mplayer can't even send the mpeg to a pipe ? Maybe i'll find some
program to accept the pipe and stream to network.

Paul