[Mplayer-dvb] NEWSTRUCT fix

Philip Clark pclark at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Tue Oct 1 21:29:38 CEST 2002

Hi Marcus et al,

 > No, my guess is that mplayer tries to use LPCM after decoding AC3
 > sound and I haven't tested LPCM with the margi drivers. I haven't had
 > time to look into it though. mplayer should check the capabilities of
 > the card and see if it can pipe AC3 directly into the card, after setting
 > AUDIO_SET_STREAMTYPE.

Does anyone know how to get mplayer to turn off LCPM and pipe AC3
directly when using the option -ao mpegpes ?

 > I can't promise anything. I'll have to see if I have time and a
 > notebook that I can use for developement, i.e. that I am not using
 > actively and can afford to crash :).

Do you know if anyone else is working on this?

-Phil

--
Philip J. Clark                    MS41 (Bristol), SLAC
tel: 1-650-926-3761                Stanford University