[Mplayer-dvb] NEWSTRUCT fix

Marcus Metzler mocm at metzlerbros.de
Tue Oct 1 21:23:21 CEST 2002

Philip Clark writes:

 > Dear Marcus,
 >
 > Were these problems similar to not getting audio when doing -ao
 > mpegpes? Like I was having. I will give your patches a try and see if

No, my guess is that mplayer tries to use LPCM after decoding AC3
sound and I haven't tested LPCM with the margi drivers. I haven't had
time to look into it though. mplayer should check the capabilities of
the card and see if it can pipe AC3 directly into the card, after setting
AUDIO_SET_STREAMTYPE.

 > they help. Also perhaps we can patch the PCMCIA controllers and Graphics
 > chips for ZV. It is just getting the time to learn about it.
 >
 > I noticed that Alan Cox has dropped the margi driver from the kernel
 > patches for RH. Any idea when it might get back in? It seems so close to
 > working, just needs a bit of bug tracking and support.

I can't promise anything. I'll have to see if I have time and a
notebook that I can use for developement, i.e. that I am not using
actively and can afford to crash :).

Marcus

| mocm at metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |