[Mplayer-dvb] fast forward/backward

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Nov 14 15:45:09 CET 2002

Hi,

> I was wondering if there are any plans to support fast forward or
> backward in mplayer. It shouldn't be too hard for mpeg1/2 which is piped

plans are... but only them.
the main problem was with audio. it will be possible with the new libaf to
change audio speed runtime, so it may be implemented soon.

also, for backward playback you need to decode all frames and buffer them up
in memory, or play only I frames. note that most divxes has keyframes with
10-30 sec interval, so it will be too fast seeking...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team