[Mplayer-dvb] fast forward/backward

Marcus Metzler mocm at metzlerbros.de
Thu Nov 14 15:33:45 CET 2002

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any plans to support fast forward or
backward in mplayer. It shouldn't be too hard for mpeg1/2 which is piped
directly to the DVB card. For other formats, that are converted, one
would need some method to only convert and show every n-th frame. This
could also be done for mpeg1/2 (and other formats) when not using the
DVB card as output. The easiest would be to only show I-frames or for
faster display every second I-frame.

Marcus

| mocm at metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |