[MPlayer-dev-eng] dynamic loaded video filters

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 5 14:03:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Finally, I don't know if this code is quite ready for inclusion in CVS
no

> yet. Some mechanisms to disable it in the absence of libdl need to be
> added, and there may be minor portability issues. I'll improve it
> soon, but if anyone else feels like going ahead and making the
> necessary changes to put it in CVS, feel free.

if you do it, do it well...

instead of vf_dl.c, implement it in vf.c, with #ifdef MPCODECS_DLOPEN or so,
so users compiling mplayer with --enable-dynamic-mpcodecs or so, will get
the filters, codecs compiled to .so files, instelled to mplayer's directory,
and dlopened by libmpcodecs core (vf.c, dec*.c)

it's on my TODO but you can help with it and get it into cvs.

anyway it requires a big change to get it work for the codecs:
changing the vfm/afm options.
now the codecs.conf parser translates driver names to driver IDs (afm/vfm
numbers) and the mpcodecs core finds the required codec by id.
actually the codecs.conf parser shouldn't translate the name, and mpcodecs
core should load codec by name, ie vd_<drivername>.so ...

nick already did it in mpxp.

anyway i don't think it should happen before the 0.90 release

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team