[MPlayer-dev-eng] ctype.h functions on win32

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Oct 13 22:30:01 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 09:26:23PM +0200, Gianluigi Tiesi wrote:
> this discussion is going nowhere...
> I had enough insults, and you provided really
> no "clean and without bug" code to solve the problem.

And I did not even get the chance to say anything yet...

[...]
> it's a bug in the ms crt, we don't have the source, we cannot fix it
> (we? you, I'm not such an holy coder)

Actually we _could_ still fix it (I would not advice is though) and
actually I think Rich pointed out it actually is not a bug.

> the only way to solve is a workaround and this wouldn't
> be the first in mplayer

Check if something like
#define isspace(c) ((c) != EOF && isspace((unsigned char)(c)))
works.
It would break libavcodec/eval.c though.
So maybe better grab libavformat/rtsp.c redir_isspace, change it to
av_isspace and suggest a patch to ffmpeg putting it into
libavutil/common.h and use it.
Well, I admit this probably is a bit overkill...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger