[MPlayer-dev-eng] The path to RC2

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Nov 7 18:02:26 CET 2006

Hello,
On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 10:03:09AM +0100, Benjamin Zores wrote:
> My proposition was not to have a complete rewrite of MPlayer to a
> lib-based engine (even if it would be better to me but no one will ever do
> so, so point closed). The idea was more to write an official libmplayer
> wrapper to the slave mode (that's actually what VLC does through their
> libvlc).

Well, I agree that this would be desirable, but as I can't seen many
MPlayer developers to even use (not to mention maintain) this, I am
doubtful if this should be part of MPlayer - even more so since a
different license than GPL might be desirable.
Well, not much sense in discussing it right now, it is still far in
utopia anyway ;-).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger