[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer SVN

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Fri May 26 21:27:47 CEST 2006

Hi all

now that FFmpeg SVN is up and running, it's time to start thinking
about MPlayer repository.

What are we going to do with it? The options are to manually fix all
repository hacks (renames, moves, ...) by hand, convert everything
as-is, or anything in the middle.

The latest rename i remember is linux->osdep, and that was at 0.90 time
(Feb 2003).
If you remember any recent renames please tell about them.

Converting the FFmpeg repository took one week, MPlayer will take much
longer (assuming somebody wants to do it).
Honestly i don't think we should care about fixing everything,
expecially 3 years or older stuff.

While I'm not against a full, clean conversion, I just don't think it
worths the delay.

What other active developers think about it? Whatever the decision
will be, we need to take it soon to, we can't afford to waste weeks
arguing about this.

Ciao,
 Roberto