[MPlayer-dev-eng] Error when linking with libass support

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Sun Jun 18 15:50:55 CEST 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 17:12 +0400, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> libass/libass.a(ass_render.o)(.text+0x341d): In function `ass_render_event':
> ass_render.c: undefined reference to `FT_GlyphSlot_Oblique'
>
> It used to work some time before.
>
> I have freetype 2.1.9, it's the latest FC4 update. It doesn't export
> such symbol. Maybe the newest freetype does, but it's a pretty critical
> system component and it can break a lot, so upgrading is not an option.

It seems to be part of freetype 2.1.10, current configure check is only
for 2.1.8 so that needs to be updated. Since it's only used in one place
disabling the functionality under older freetype might be possible but I
don't particularly like the idea of adding #ifdefs to support old
library versions.