[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch for use of SDL(audio/video) on AmigaOS4

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu
Thu Jul 13 17:52:37 CEST 2006

Hi,

Andrea Palmatè wrote:
> At 12:00 13/07/2006 +0200, you wrote:
>
>> Here is a forward of a message about this that I've been sent privately:
>
> [..]
>
>> Please advise that what Andrea Palmatè is saying here:
>>
>> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2006-July/044500.html
>>
>> ie:
>>
>> "just because the AMIGA #define is not present on AmigaOS3 or AmigaOS4
>> so is
>> useless."
>>
>> is untrue, atleast both SAS/C and GCC (which covers about 99% of the most
>> popular compilers for AmigaOS) define AMIGA .. so either he is extremely
>> uninformed or he's deliberately misleading you...
>

> ok, i'll replace this patch again since i don't like message (sorry
> flames..) like that (and i'm speaking about "he's deliberately
> misleading you").

I don't like flames. But I didn't want to alter the mail he sent, so I
quoted in full.

> I'm changing the configure tor work correctly on
> AmigaOS4 too and so i'll set a SYS_AMIGAOS4 #define.

Yep. I do believe that we shouldn't rely on so and so compiler to
define the symbol because depending on the GCC version, or on the
compiler, the symbol may just not be existent. Better do the proper
detect by hand and create the symbol through configure script.

> Sorry for misleading you.. and pity cisc that is "well known" even if he
> don't know that i hate that stupid wars he like so much.

Well... Some ppl like to be loud, that's all.

Guillaume