[MPlayer-dev-eng] gl & distorted fisheye for dome projection

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Jul 13 15:01:46 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 08:42:20AM +0200, Johannes Gajdosik wrote:
> I must buy a new card.
> Can you please tell me which is the minimum ATI and NVidia card that supports
> the new fragment programming feature of vo gl ?

I best I have is a FX 5200, so everything will be tested with that.

> Is FX5200 not good enough any more? With FX5200 and MPlayer 1.0pre8-3
> I had already good results, although not with float textures, but with
> ordinary textures.

Float textures work with FX 5200, just without interpolation which
would allow a smaller texture size (and thus higher speed) for the
same quality. IOW the floating point support the GeForce 6xxx series has
is faster, more advanced and easier to program, but should not be needed
for this case.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger