[MPlayer-dev-eng] osx now on intel cpu's

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Jun 7 12:00:31 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 10:12:16AM +0200, Romain Dolbeau wrote:
> Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > ( I feel the same, but not everything is lost, and I won't stay inactive
> > just because of Jobs )
>
> Not inactive, but learning against my will the intricacy of
> MMX/SSE/<whatever>... My laptop is over 3 years old and badly in need of
> being replaced. No way I'm getting another PPC from Apple !

Guys, what's all this gloom about?  Isn't one of the advantages of using
free software the fact that you don't have to buy a new machine every
other year?  Even if Apple will stop selling PPCs in a year or two, they
will still be an important platform for free software for the next five
years at least.

Diego