[MPlayer-dev-eng] osx now on intel cpu's

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Tue Jun 7 10:12:16 CEST 2005

Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:

> I do hope not. There are still some operating system using powerpc that
> could enjoy having a fast media player.

Ditto here. I'm sure some of the other guys/gals will keep up the good
work. But right now, I don't feel like bothering any more. What's the
point of trying to make the Mac a better/more usable system ?

> ( I feel the same, but not everything is lost, and I won't stay inactive
> just because of Jobs )

Not inactive, but learning against my will the intricacy of
MMX/SSE/<whatever>... My laptop is over 3 years old and badly in need of
being replaced. No way I'm getting another PPC from Apple !

--
Romain Dolbeau
<romain at dolbeau.org>