[MPlayer-dev-eng] Ac3 streams detected as LPCM or SPU in TS

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Fri Jun 18 10:27:39 CEST 2004

MichaelM wrote:

> OK. This patch seems to work fine too. The lower tsprobe value is
> fine. I can't test it extensively till next week as I've got a few
> deadlines, but what may be of interest, setting one of the pids to
> 8192 does work, though occasionally it'll pick up the wrong audio or
> video pids (ie, playing back channel9's HD channel, with vpid = 8192,
> might get the SD channel, video and audio). However, with this
> approach, I don't get any a52 crc errors. A similar thing happens when
> a very low tsprobe value is used (less than 100).

this happens because with 8192 you grab (and have demux_ts probe for)
the whole multiplex of the transponder;
this means that ts_detect_streams will find more pids than usual, will
know which pid carries what, but
will need an even larger -tsprobe to know that the needed pids are
really present.

Nico