[MPlayer-dev-eng] [DOCS] XML transition

Torinthiel torinthiel at wp.pl
Wed Oct 8 08:50:56 CEST 2003

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 02:05:07AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It is time.
[cut]

> I suggest removing French HTML soon.  But that still leaves
>
> German
> Hungarian
> Italian
> Polish
> Chinese
>
> as HTML only.  So translators please speak up, will it be possible for
> you to translate the XML version anytime soon?  Would it help you if
> we kept the HTML version for some time?
Polish translation is more than 50% done. And we are doing it pure XML,
as we have started when this was the preffered standard. We were
thinking about syncing the HTML version later, but now I think it's
useless (lucky we ;) About keeping html in syns - it's just my private
opinion, we don't care about it, but isn't it easier to translate only
language, not language and format? Translating from html to xml involves
translating text AND maintaining proper XML tags.

> Diego
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3075312
   torinthiel(at)wp(dot)pl