[MPlayer-dev-eng] Change to new vm86? (VESA not working on newer glibc:s)

Alex Beregszaszi alex at fsn.hu
Tue Jun 17 19:36:30 CEST 2003

Hey man, something is really broken there!

The lrmi.c has a USE_LIBC_VM86 define for checking if the vm86 func. is
that which it prefers, but configure isn't checking for stuff like that.
The comments are wrong too, syscall#113 is the _vm86old()_, which is
implemented there in inline assembly, and SHOULD always work!
syscall#166 is the new vm86() call, I think configure should check and
the code should be fixed, _or_ leave the syscall#113 implementation or
impl. syscall#166, but in the end leave only one of them (the new vm86()
works since 2.1.15/2.0.28, so no sense to leave such hacks).

I prefer to remove the whole code, and only use the new vm86() call,
throught libc!

--
Alex Beregszaszi <alex at fsn.hu>
(MPlayer Core Developer -- http://www.mplayerhq.hu/)