[MPlayer-dev-eng] MGA Xv sux...

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Jul 20 04:20:53 CEST 2002

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 12:38:00AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Maybe it's just really impossible to allocate SHM memory in video ram?
> Or just the boy designing it thought that every card can do DMA transfers
> easily? (maybe he's right?)

That is a very good point -- I think it would be pretty easy to add
dma transfer support tp mga_vid/vidix/fbdev. I think SDL (which is
actually readable code unlike xf86) has support for dma accelerated
blits to video mem, at least on matrox and perhaps riva, so I was
planning to take a look at that source sometime and see how feasible
it looks to mimic in mplayer.

Rich