[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer audio only == a linux tool to listen asf audioWed Jan 23 22:24:57 2002

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 23:32:09 CET 2002

On Wednesday 23 January 2002 12:28 pm, you wrote:
[...]
> > 	So I saw only two ways, make big modif on the asf demuxer, or use
> > 	the header to only load something that we are sure to find, this is
> > 	what I done.
>
> yes, it's the better way. but it's not 100% stable, i have files with
> header for many audio and video streams, and containing just one video.
> such streams came from asfrecord.

Some asf files contain several video streams with different bitrates.
I figured out a new asf object that contains the differents bitrate of each
streams. The total of those bitrates are the in the max_bitrate var in the
ASF_file_header_t struct. I can add some code to parse this "new" struct
and dump all the bitrates per streams if you are interested in this.
It will be interesting to see if we can change the bitrate of the stream by
selecting one shown by the struct. I'm just wondering if it's the real
meaning of this struct.

Bertrand