[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer audio only == a linux tool to listen asf audioWed Jan 23 22:24:57 2002

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 23 21:28:29 CET 2002

Hi,

> > i don't see the reason of messing in asf demuxer. it's the only demuxer
> > designed to support audio-only too. it must work without any changes.
> > if not, upload sample file. i have only one .wma file.
> 	It don't work with audio only, I wouldn't have change it if it worked.
> 	To see you must try with a live stream, with a on disk sample it work
> 	without change but you will not like why it work. The reason is that
> 	the asf demuxer take packets without looking what sort is asked.
> 	So to use it as is we must check if it will found them or not before
> 	calling it. It's the reason why I added this two stream counter.
> 	With file the "common part" try to get video packet and the "asf
> 	part" load all audio packets until eof (it don't check what is asked
> 	it just put in the good buffer what it found), then the "common part"
> 	return that no video packet were found and pass to audio packet
> 	wich are all alredy loaded. With live stream you can't get eof so
> 	it undefinitly wait for video packets wich will never come.

hmm. my demuxers usually have a packet limit, so they should give it up in a
few MBs if no packets found in requested type. but maybe you're right, it's
broken. i'll check.

> 	So I saw only two ways, make big modif on the asf demuxer, or use
> 	the header to only load something that we are sure to find, this is
> 	what I done.
yes, it's the better way. but it's not 100% stable, i have files with header
for many audio and video streams, and containing just one video.
such streams came from asfrecord.

> > and i don't really like that many if(sh_video) over the source. i'm sure
> > there is a cleaner way to implement it. i'll look at it later.
> 	I didn't find another way, ideas are welcome. I thaught it was
> 	ok because it's the way used when no audio is here (not a so
> 	good reason). Some parts can be jumped with some goto,
> 	but we will need a bunch of if(sh_video) anyway mainly
> 	because of the osd wich need some sh_video fields.
afair osd only needs the fps field.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu