[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mplayer configure and X11 libs (fwd)

pl p_l at tfz.net
Mon Jan 7 13:13:17 CET 2002

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 10:20:56PM +0100, Ponekker Zoltan wrote:

> Here. Pl ? :)

I thought it was obvious but well...  Looking into configure.log would
have shown that the X11 test program did not compile I guess.

> So, installing xlibs-dev (I'm using debian) helped and
> support to X11, Xv and others were found.
>
> I'm happy now, but I only ask if it would be possible to add this to
> documentation or in FAQ so I (or others) wouldn't do this mistake again.

There'll be a warning at the end of configure now:
" Check configure.log if you wonder why an autodetection failed (check whether
  the development headers/packages are installed).

  If you suspect a bug, please read DOCS/bugreports.html.
"

Gabucino, maybe something like that should go in faq.html (around
'During make, MPlayer complains about X11 lib...') ?

"Q: configure does not enable X11 (or other library) but I DO have X11 installed. Why ?
 A: Check in configure.log for the failing detection and make sure you
 have the development libraries of your distribution installed
 (package-dev or package-devel according to your distribution flavor)"

--
Best regards,
  pl