[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mplayer configure and X11 libs (fwd)

Ponekker Zoltan pontscho at makacs.poliod.hu
Fri Jan 4 22:20:56 CET 2002

Hali

Here. Pl ? :)

Pontscho

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:53:36 +0200 (EET)
From: Niko Ronkainen <niko.ronkainen at kofeiini.org>
To: pontscho at makacs.poliod.hu
Subject: Mplayer configure and X11 libs

Hopefully this is recieved by right person, sorry if wrong one. This is
about ./configure script and autodetection of X11 libs.

I tried to get 0.60 version compiled with X11 and Xv support, but failed.
Running ./configure showed that X11 libs existed and were detected but
no support to X11, etc. I tried and check support for Xv and X11 from various
place but no one gave me an answer, not even mplayer maillists. Finally I
realized that dev-libraries had to be installed in order to compile new
programs using X11. So, installing xlibs-dev (I'm using debian) helped and
support to X11, Xv and others were found.

I'm happy now, but I only ask if it would be possible to add this to
documentation or in FAQ so I (or others) wouldn't do this mistake again.

Niko Ronkainen / niko.ronkainen at kofeiini.org
+358405679096 / niko.ronkainen at sci.fi