[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure2 underway

pl p_l at tfz.net
Fri Nov 16 11:39:06 CET 2001

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 08:16:30PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
[...]
> About cvs.
> My suggestion is commiting it as configure2.
> This way we can test it, and run parallel until it's finished.
> And finally I can remove old one and rename it to configure on cvs.
>
> For keeping cvs log, it needs a bit care:
> - copy configure to configure2 on cvs server (i can do it)
> - commit your configure2
> this way we won't lost a single line of history while keep boh versions
> parallel until we can finally detele old one and replace with this.

Please do that, I'll commit really soon (at worst tonight I think).
I'll add the latest options commited too.

> Btw, if your version will be user-ready :) in a few days/weeks, we can
> simply replace old script now, without running 2 scripts parallel and
> playing cvs tricks.

Generated are currently:
  config2.h config2.mak libvo/config2.mak libao2/config2.mak

When configure2 is renamed to configure, we'll just have to change the
output files.

Testers should do a :
  ./configure [options]
  ./configure2 [options]

and diff -u both created files.

Please note, this things changed :
  - removed esd stuff : could not find any code using this
  - removed xmm(p) stuff : same reason
If that's a problem, let me know, it's no big pain re-adding 'em.

I also changed '#define FOO' to '#define FOO 1', which should not break
anything in the code but you'll need to be careful when checking you diffed's
config*h (or write a script).

I've improved some detection tests but they may not work - or where not
working correctly in the previous version :)

Of course, there will be errors since I don't feel like testing any mix
of options and I happen to msitpye (dsilexya is mroe fnu :).

Attached snapshot for your configure2'ing pleasure :D
Please don't commit yet and wait for CVS commit to bugreport.
--
Best regards,
  pl