[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure2 underway

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Nov 15 19:16:30 CET 2001

Hi,

> As some (any) of you may be aware, as time goes on, the configure script
> becomes a real pain to extend:
Agree. It's already a big pain all time :(

> I've started cleaning things up so as to gather things a bit and make it
> cleanier:
Great!

> It has been a fork of sunday's version so the options added since that
> have not yet been added.
no prob, nothing important changed since then.

> I think it is cleanier and simpler but that's only my view so...
You did a great job! Thanks!
Now it's really behaves as a configure script should!

> What I expect now is : a "Go ahead !" or a "Forget that !" reply.
Go ahead!!!

> (No bugreports please)
I've some small probs or misdetection, but nothing serious.

About cvs.
My suggestion is commiting it as configure2.
This way we can test it, and run parallel until it's finished.
And finally I can remove old one and rename it to configure on cvs.

For keeping cvs log, it needs a bit care:
- copy configure to configure2 on cvs server (i can do it)
- commit your configure2
this way we won't lost a single line of history while keep boh versions
parallel until we can finally detele old one and replace with this.

Btw, if your version will be user-ready :) in a few days/weeks, we can
simply replace old script now, without running 2 scripts parallel and
playing cvs tricks.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu