[MPlayer-cygwin] Can not mencoder/mplayer 5+GB avi file

TAJTHY Tamás tajthy at mailbox.hu
Mon Nov 26 01:00:00 CET 2007

Dear Tom,

2007. 11. 25. v. 17:59, Thomas Plank <tplank at gmx.at> írta:

>> I have a very annoying problem. I grabbed a film with VirtualDub 1.7.6. The

>> result is a 5+GB avi file (video: ffmjpeg, audio: PCM 48kHZ stereo). This film

>> can be played by MS Media Player w/o any problem. The mplayer plays only the

>> first two riff chunks (~2060 MB) and mencoder converts the same length.

> Try mplayer from this site:

> http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php

> Perhaps your version has not large files enabled.

Unfortunatelly it is source and not binary. I wasted several days to try to

compile mplayer from source and I'm fed up now. :-(((

The 64 bit file llseek patch helps to be able seek in large files in mplayer (if

I understood well). As I could convert 6 GB mpg file (it opened as stream) i8n

mencoder I don't think in this case this is the problem.

THX for Your help!

_____________________________________________________________2 személyes INGYENES korfui útat is nyerhetsz!