[MPlayer-cygwin] x264 - linker error

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 4 01:01:44 CET 2007

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 00:05:37 +0100, Thomas Plank wrote:

> I also have the fontconfig problem described by Rafael Mattos.
> Although I made the same steps like John Browns says, fontconfig is also
> not recognized by configure due to lots of undefined reference errors.

Usually, undefined reference errors are not hard to fix. You just have to
find out which libraries contain the undefined references, then use
configure --extra-libs to add them.

Now that you mention it, I recently noticed that fontconfig was not being
detected for me either. In the end, I edited the Mplayer configure script to
make sure that the test for fontconfig included all the necessary libraries. In
my case, they are: -lexpat -lfreetype -lz -liconv.

I don't have any problems with x264. Are you using svn? I have r608
2007-09-24. Did you ever post the error message?

> What do you think is the better way compiling mplayer on win32:
> choosing cygwin or mingw?
> --

I use MinGW and MSYS. It works well for me. I have never tried to build
MPlayer with Cygwin.