[MPlayer-cygwin] How to Compile Mplayer ONLY for slave mode ?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Feb 27 21:35:26 CET 2006

Hi,
On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 11:29:39AM -0800, Swapnil Shinde wrote:
> - How can I compile mplayer for slave mode ONLY?

No idea what _exactly_ you want (since I simply can't see any point in
it, why do you want to ship a "broken" MPlayer version to your users??).
Of course in mplayer.c in the main function you can just add
if (!slave_mode)
  return 1;
and MPlayer will simply quit unless -slave is given on the command line.

> - Else is it possible to compile Mplayer as a DLL?

No. Well, somebody did it apparently but I do not know who, and I do
know it was quite a hack and likely to cause problems.
Using MPlayer as a DLL would also mean that your application will have to be
under the GPL...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger