[MPlayer-cygwin] my machine is too slow?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Apr 14 12:33:12 CEST 2006

Hi,
On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 09:13:56AM +0800, PBVillaflores at smart.com.ph wrote:
> <vo_directx><INFO>checking primary surface
> <vo_directx><FORMAT PRIMARY>14 BGR32 supported
> <vo_directx><INFO>testing supported overlay pixelformats
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>0 YV12  not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>1 I420  not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>2 IYUV  not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>3 YVU9  not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>4 YUY2  not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>5 UYVY  not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>6 BGR8  not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>7 RGB15 not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>8 BGR15 not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>9 RGB16 not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>10 BGR16 not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>11 RGB24 not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>12 BGR24 not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>13 RGB32 not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>14 BGR32 not supported
> <vo_directx><INFO>Your card supports 0 of 15 overlayformats
> <vo_directx><WARN>Your card supports overlay, but we couldn't create one
> <vo_directx><INFO>This can have the following reasons:
> <vo_directx><INFO>- you are already using an overlay with another app
> <vo_directx><INFO>- you don't have enough videomemory
> <vo_directx><INFO>- vo_directx doesn't support the cards overlay pixelformat
> <vo_directx><INFO>using backpuffer

For whatever reason, the overlay hardware is not available. Either some
other program is using it, you are trying to play the video on a
non-primary display (though that usually isn't a problem in windows) or
the drivers just don't support it at all.
Maybe
mplayer -vo gl -dr ...
will work better for your.
Also try -vo gl:yuv=<n>