[MPlayer-cygwin] [TEST] working CD playback in windows - Track Number not reported probably NODEAMON

Erik Lunchpail erik_27can at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 21:13:55 CEST 2005

> I'll post a new patch and binary soon.

As promised, here's a new patch and binary. CDDB cache
reading and writing should be working fine. It will
check 3 environment variables (HOME, USERPROFILE, and
HOMEPATH) before finally ending at get_path(""), so it
should have no problems finding a place to store the
cache.

I racked my brains trying to come up with a decent
check as a replacement to stat() in
cddb_write_cache(), as stat() for some reason is
always returning -1. Basically I just opted to ignore
it, since we return -1 anyways at creat() if it can't
find the directory.

The "Unable to find '.'" error message may show up on
the commandline as well. Sometimes it can find it,
sometimes not, dunno why. Nonetheless, that can be
ignored as well since it doesn't return.

new binary here:
http://vayne.fdns.net/mplayer/mplayer.exe

Regards,
Erik